Sunday, December 6, 2009

I haven't posted for over a month. Bad Blogger! During that month, I've run a 10k, a couple of 4- and 5-mile runs, and today, 7 miles. Seriously - 7 miles!

After my run earlier in the week, I posted on Facebook about the donkey and the goat at the top of the dirt hill. My animal adventures continued today.

Since I ran 3.5 miles down a canal path and back, I passed many farm properties. There were dogs, horses, cows and donkeys. Even one pony. As I ran, I also saw a LOT of ducks, usually in pairs - the males had green heads and black/grey/white bodies and tails, and the females were brown all over. Toward the end of my first mile, I saw a huge flock of ducks (more than I've ever seen in one place at one time), near a farm that had several llamas. I thought that was going to be the highlight of my day, but I was wrong.

A little further down, I saw geese flying in a V-formation. Except that the formation was more like a backwards check mark.

I also saw some young bulls wearing what I can only describe as "bovine orthodontia" - they were all wearing some type of head gear around their small horns, seemingly to make sure that they grew uniformly and symmetrically.

And then my favorite - the "family" of five ducks. There were two males, one female, and one that had a green head, a black/grey/white tail, and a brown body. Not sure which side of the fence he/she was on, but the rest of the family didn't seem to care! :)

And yes, through all that, I ran 7 miles. Further then I've ever run, but barely halfway to the big goal.

Time to keep at it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment