Monday, August 24, 2009

Watch out, Granny!

Solo today - not so bad, but I'm always more motivated when I run with a partner.

I did manage to convince myself to move forward in the program: 30-second walks between the five-minute jogs. Not so bad, right? Ok, well there was the one time I lost track of the clock and ended up walking for about 1 minute, ten seconds. Oops!

I fully admit that my struggle of the moment is not my stamina, but my speed. This morning, I was in the middle of one of the jogs (I think it was the 4th), and I noticed an older woman walking on the other side of the road, going the same direction as me. At first, it seemed like she was walking faster than I was jogging, but I quickly came to realize that it was just a trick being played by my oxygen-deprived imagination. Before long, I left her in the dust. Still not sure it's something to be proud of, but I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment